The colour of the heather down in the Lairig Ghru is strikingly different from the whites of the mountain peaks.
Easy to distinguish contrast in nature.
How about contrast in our lives?
Is it easy to distinguish between who we are today, and who we were yesterday? Not so easy.
However, consider who we are today and who we were a few years ago and the contrast becomes clearer.
- more patient
- better with money
- less stressed
- fitter and stronger
- more disciplined
- better lovers
- more empathetic
I think it’s important we take some time out and think about how we contrast with the people we were a few years ago.
By doing so, we can reflect on the progress we’ve made, and the progress we’d like to make.
This inner reflection is an important part of the self improvement puzzle. Without it, it’s difficult to gauge progress and identify areas for positive change.
I’ll share some of mine to get things started…
- more patient (still a work in progress)
- more stressed (identifying ways to change this)
- more loving and empathetic (still a work in progress)
- less fit and weaker (COVID a contributor but I need to take back accountability)
- worry less about judgement (again, still a work in progress)
- better writer, photographer and videographer (much work still to do)
Share some of the changes you see in yourself below 👇
Photo 📸 taken in the Cairngorms National Park, overlooking the Lairig Ghru from Carn a Mhaim 🏴